Cookie dough has always been one of my absolute favorite treats. My husband shares this passion as well, meaning we work really well together! We’ve got a routine down in which he gets the beater of the mixer when I’m finished preparing the dough, and then we continue to sneak cookie dough out while still managing to actually bake some cookies.
We’re getting ready to move soon because I got a new job that starts in August (yay!). So, when Brandon had his last day at work on Friday, I sent him over with some baked goods for his co-workers. He requested cookie bars, and I decided it was time to try something I’d wanted to make for a long time: cookie brownie bars. As if a chocolate chip cookie isn’t good enough, to have a brownie companion makes it even richer and lovelier! Maybe I’m overselling this, but seriously, it’s an ingenious idea.
I looked through several blogs to get some ideas about how to go about making this goodness. And it’s simple. I didn’t have the time to do everything from scratch, so I made my regular chocolate chip cookie dough (I love the Toll House recipe!) and made my brownies from a mix.
The process? Simple! Observe….
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Prepare cookie dough.
3. Prepare brownie mix as directed.
4. In a greased 13×9 pan, pour in the brownie mixture.
5. Dollop the cookie dough on top, spreading evenly over the brownie mixture.
6. Bake for about 40 minutes or until both the brownie and cookie portions are thoroughly cooked (test with a toothpick).
Enjoy! And I hope you had a happy Monday!